Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Zivile Art




















PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF. I am Zivile Pupinyte born and raised in Lithuania. I have been living and working in the US for 9 years and created my company Zivile Art in 2004.
 HOW DID YOU GET STARTED ON YOUR CREATIVE PATH? I have been always playing with different stones, shapes, forms and have been making accessories for myself for a long time. the professional path of my creativity chose me accidentaly in Philadelphia in 2003 by a big unterest in my designs. i was invited to show at few galleries back in 2003 and from there it just rapidly started evolving into something bigger and Zivile Art was born in 2004. creativity is given then it is just a matter of knowing what to do with it. my education background is in business and communications and I think this really helped me to be where I am. to be an artist and to run your own business is not that that easy but if you have background of business knowledge and common sense of running fashion/design/art oriented business it is very possible. organization, planning ahead and predicting future are main important aspects.

WHAT DO YOU CREATE? - My company Zivile Art is a one-of-a-kind jewelry (wearable sculpture) company as well as fashion event planing/consulting and fashion styling company. Using exotic stones and natural materials, my meticulous handiwork and lucid creative process has yielded an eclectic collection of jewelry that is both fashionable and refreshingly unique. My pieces lend adventurous spirit to haute couture. My jewelry collections are strictly handmade and one of a kind. I am a recognized artist in Europe as well as locally selected 'The Best Philadelphia Jeweler 2010' by Philadelphia Weekly and one of the features on Philadelphia Fashion Week 2010 fall runway.
WHAT INSPIRES YOU TO CREATE? Mainly my inspiration comes from my travels and my dreams. When i travel (and i do a lot) I tend to pay much of attention to architecture detail. My work is detail oriented and architectural. The other inspiration are my dreams. I am very vivid dreamer and many of my designs are just born there. When i open my eyes I take time and think (I think still being in a dream reality) and some designs are born, or some things just start making sense. its kinda hard to explain :)
HOW HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO MAKE A LIVING BY BEING YOUR AUTHENTIC, CREATIVE SELF? Well, I do have a secondary income from working in the service industry, but mainly my creative income comes from organizing really good, well put together, involved fashion events where I present my new lines.I do 2 collections a year and present them in a big fashion event thatIi produce myself from beginning to end.
WHAT NEW PROJECTS ARE YOU WORKING ON? new collection presentation event 'MODERN FOLK' : November 13th 4-8 pm @ LGTripp Gallery 47-49 North 2nd Street. (the full production with fashion runway show, live dance/vocal performance and more). Presentation of collection in a more private setting in December, some future plans for a fashion show in Philadelphia featuring this amazing business owner coming late spring 2011.
HOW CAN PEOPLE FIND & SUPPORT YOUR WORK?
http://www.zivileart.com/ Attending on November 13th 'MODERN FOLK' -  the best way to get introduced to my work and meet me.

invitation front
Invitation back
ANY ADVICE FOR ASPIRING CREATIVES? Make sure people see what you create. Make it visible .... to do so there are few options: put it in as many stores/galleries as you can (Personally I find this to be very hard to manage), reach out to press, do well organized and well attended events (if you need help doing that and if you know the scale of the events I produce, I can do it for you or with you ) I believe that everything is possible you just need to really really want it - this is my driving force and this is why i still do this.

See more and shop at http://www.zivileart.com/.




No comments:

Post a Comment