Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Book complete!

I've been working for the last 6 mos or so on my very first book, ENVISION: The Young Accessory Designer's Guide to Collection Development. It's a bit of a design manual for those who are interested in becoming an accessory designer, be it hat designer, shoe designer, jewelry designer or handbag designer like myself. I am often asked "how do you do get started?" and this book not only answers that but many other inquiries and spells out the design process from a-z. It's jam-packed with fashion industry resources and examples from amazing accessory designers that I have the honor of knowing.
I literally felt exasperated, exhausted, and exhilarated at once as if I just gave birth to a child as I wrote the very last paragraph on Sunday. I'm so excited to share my baby with the world.
The book is now in the hands of the awesome graphic designer Nina Pilar, owner of http://skysisterstudio.com/. Once she's done,  it'll be ready for publishing.

If you are in the NJ/NYC/Philadelphia region and would like to book me for speaking engagements about creative entrepreneurship or for design workshops, readings and book signings shoot me an email at inquiry@jypsea.com with ENVISION in the subject.

ENVISION will be available on Amazon.com, Jypsea.com, and at retailers throughout the country in approx. 3 weeks. Proceeds from the book will go to benefit the charity most dear to my heart, The Girl Effect.
For more information about ENVISION, visit Jypsea.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment