Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Trendspotting: Polka Dots

Picture: AFP

So, this is the thing: I was a pre-teen in the late 80s, early 90s and you know what that that means: polka dots mean Kwame! LOL And Hip Hop legend, Biggie put that to bed with his line, "your life is played out like Kwame and those effin' polkadots." WOW. Smh

SOOOO.....to see that it's the "next big thing in fashion" again has me on the fence. The Marc Jacobs photo on the left, it NOT haute, imho. Who wants to look like a dalmatian? Not I. But these fashionistas below have pulled it off. I personally own a polkadot dress in navy and white that I purchased a year ago but these  are TINY dots. I just don't see me doing the big polka dot "Kwame" thing but I do think a few polka dot accessories will find their way into my wardrobe and I give props to those who have pulled it off.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/oktak?ref=seller_info

Picture: BRIDGET FLEMING





Folake of Stylepantry.com
Teenvogue.com
Teenvogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment