Thursday, September 30, 2010

Saul Adwele







Morehouse College describes a "renaissance man" as one who is:

Well Read, Well Traveled, Well Spoken, Well Dressed & Well Balanced.

Meet Saul Adwele.

LOTA&C Q&A with SAUL ADWELE

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF.
My name is Edson Saul Adwele Pierce Pierre. I am painter, poet, writer, artist, dancer and most of all a cool friend, born in France physically living in Brooklyn New York; ethnically French,Haitian,Jamaican descent but American raised.
As life is a constant change...so am I. I can truly say that I love my life. There is not a day that goes by that I am not thankful for the opportunity or the possibilities that exist for me. Every experience in my life has brought me to this day that you have chosen to read about me. It is passion that motivates me, guides me and gives me hope. It can be the most beautiful thing about me or it can be my downfall.


WHAT DO YOU CREATE?
I create oil painting and acrylic on canvas that are inspired by my heritage, nature and human activity.

HOW DID YOU GET STARTED ON YOUR CREATIVE PATH?
My love of art began at the age of six, when my
mother handed me a piece of paper and pencil, expecting childish
scribbles in return. An hour later, I handed her back a detailed sketch of a
little girl waiting for a train she was amazed by it because all she was trying to do was keeping from bothering my older. Brothers from their piano lessons.
So from then on I fell in love with sketching and painting.


WHAT INSPIRES YOU TO CREATE?
I paint because it's my passion. My gift, my calling, my meditation....I don't know the one accurate word here. I know that painting brings me the peace and balance to my life that poetry does, that praying does. It is a medium that I use to talk to the world, to God. I greatly aspire to use my art to heal, to inspire, to inform. Red is my favorite color. Wood is my favorite material. Acrylic is my favorite paint.
I have a love affair with all things artistic and cultural and I surround myself with poets, singers, musicians, artists and filmmakers because I love their energy and envy their ability to lay it all out on the line.

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO MAKE A LIVING BEING YOUR AUTHENTIC, CREATIVE SELF?
Choosing art as a career was really a natural progression. When it came time for me to pick a career, art and illustration was the only profession I could imagine myself in.
So To answer this questions correctly I make a pretty decent leaving on both ends of my profession, for now I sell my art work as a side hustle, but I’m currently working as an Illustrator for a major digital graphic company in New York


WHAT NEW PROJECTS ARE YOU WORKING ON?
Right now I’m working on developing my website as well as writing poetry book that will display some of my paintings that are affiliated with those poems.
And I plan on launching everything at once.


HOW CAN PEOPLE FIND & SUPPORT YOUR WORK?
You contact me Edson@imagekingvs.com, or visit www.galleryofwestindianart.com to view some of my work until I officially launch my website or leave a message thru my facebook page.


ANY ADVICE FOR ASPIRING CREATIVES?
Build a great cache of work, ask people for advice and help and don’t worry about what they will say. Know your audience and where your work will fit and who would watch. Get your work out there on every appropriate venue you can find and network with others in your field. Get connected and realize it will take you a few years before you will be in a comfortable established place with your business. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. Read books or on the net about your craft. Always copyright your work and at last whether you working for/with a company, agent, associate or friend always get all agreements in writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment