Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Designer Profile: Bariel Dean

I met dress and bridal designer, Letisha McFarlane approx. 3 years ago when I was opening the store I co-own with my mom and brothers, Down To Earth Boutique & Gallery in Suffolk, VA. She was one of the designers/artists whose work I wanted to feature. But she was just getting started at that point and didn't have any ready-to-wear. It's so wonderful to see that she's still at it and has grown so much. I introduce to you the designer of Bariel Dean.


 

HOW DID YOU GET STARTED ON YOUR CREATIVE PATH? As a child I always loved Barbie. I would create fashions for her! I was always creative, artistic and loved clothes. In the 6th grade I decided that I wanted to become a fashion designer.

WHAT DO YOU CREATE?
I create women's fashions; casual, business casual, business, avant garde, evening and bridal.

WHAT INSPIRES YOU TO CREATE?
I am mainly inspired by fabric. I will look, touch and feel fabric and an idea will hit me.

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO MAKE A LIVING BY BEING YOUR AUTHENTIC, CREATIVE SELF?
When I am not designing I am acting, modeling, face painting and doing make up artistry. This gives me the opportunity to grow my business while doing other creative jobs that I enjoy! I have always loved the arts.

WHAT NEW PROJECTS ARE YOU WORKING ON? HOW CAN PEOPLE FIND & SUPPORT YOUR WORK?
I am working on a fashion show scheduled for Saturday, 2/18/12. It is a come and buy show. Attendees can purchase garments at the show and/or place orders. The location of the event is Hotel Pennsylvania in NY, NY. All are welcome. As well as, showing my work at an event this month in Fair Lawn, NJ. I will have more details soon. At the moment my work can be found at www.barieldean.com. Inquiries and orders can be sent by email via the Bariel Dean web-site. Also, Bariel Dean now has a Facebook page and Twitter account! Please like and follow!!! Updates will be posted on pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment